Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's The End Of The World...

With all the talk about the Rapture lately, anyone else find themselves singing, "It's the end of the world as we know it," in their heads on a regular basis?   Is it just me?  Surely I'm not the only neurotic one here.


I was all set for an apocalyptic end in 2012, but then a few months ago, I learned that the end was actually coming on May 21.  It must be true, too, because everybody's talking about it, and there's billboards popping up all over the place.  Truth in advertising, right?


Here it is, only 6 days away, and I haven't made any plans.  I thought I had longer, and the lack of a looming deadline tends to make me procrastinate.  So, what do I do?  Does anyone know what time it's at?  Is there a dress code? Is it family friendly, or do I need to get a babysitter?  Ack! I am sooooooo unprepared for this whole Rapture thing!  
Me and my poor planning.


So, I'm not terribly religious, but I do believe that there is something bigger than us out there.  Some kind of kind, benevolent, whatever watching over us.  My idea of God (for lack of a better word), does not include some angry, vengeful dude.  He's just a cool guy, with infinite wisdom who keeps an eye out, making sure we're okay, but not intervening too much, because we need to make mistakes in order to better ourselves. I don't believe it's the end of the world, and I kind of wonder about people who do.  But, who am I to judge?

Just in case though, maybe I won't make any long-term plans.  I gotta say though, my birthday is on the 24th, and if the world ends before that, I'm going to be mighty po'd.  Is a couple extra days too much to ask?



Cheers,
Tara




  

No comments:

Post a Comment