Thursday, November 10, 2011

Busy Little Monkeys

Greetings, friends!
It's been a while since I posted, so I figured it was time for an update!  Big big stuff going on here, and I hope life is treating you all well too!


Been in a little bit of a funk, lately, but I find myself coming out of it, even though I am sure the head cold I've been fighting hasn't helped my mood either!  The transition from the work I've always done to finding something that's more suitable for a slightly vestibularly challenged individual has been a bit rough. I know I can't do the job I was doing, but I'm slowly figuring out how to transfer the skills I've gained into a new career. It's frustrating, sure, because I've never really NOT worked, and sometimes I let it get to me.


No more of that. I'm going to focus on what I can do, and while I am in  transition, I'm going to try to get a couple things going on my own, because, if you want help, you need to be able to help yourself as well.  To that end, I'm going to start putting more effort into my blog, and for those who don't know, I've also opened a webstore  here to show off some of my favourite photographic works, and as a vehicle for people to catch up with their favourite sock monkey Frootloops!  In the future, I plan to sell my photography directly, but this is a good place to start while I'm still learning and growing as a photographer. I am self taught, so it's a process for me, and it's quite enjoyable.  The feedback I've had thus far has been really helpful too, so thanks, everyone.


Now, for those of you who don't remember, Frootloops is my little sock monkey friend who loves having adventures.  He's a very fun little guy, and quite photogenic as well. In May, he went travelling, and had the opportunity to visit some fantastic people and places. He went to New Hampshire, Connecticut, Oregon, and even Australia!  He's more travelled than me! 


He recently returned home, and, in his travels he found a wonderful woman, Coco and they became engaged!  En route to Australia, they also welcomed a daughter, Trixie!  Ah, they were busy monkeys indeed.  Now that he's home, he's been busy trying to prepare his family for the upcoming Winnipeg winter, and he looks forward to showing off his hometown.  He also got to meet the little girl monkey I adopted while he was away, Honeycomb.  It's a big happy family.


Frootloops and family have a lot planned this winter, and are excited to share their adventures with you all. If you want to see what they're up to, catch them on Facebook here.  Like the page to get the updates!  


Cheers, 
Tara





1 comment:

  1. Very nice post and beautiful monkeys.. Thanks for sharing informating blog .
    digitale bildbearbeitung

    ReplyDelete