Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Pox On Your House!

Howdy!


Okay, okay, I've been a very bad girl.  I have not blogged in ten whole days.  I know, it's probably a little conceited of me to think that my followers are sitting there with baited breath, awaiting my next entry, but still...  This is like my therapy, so ten days is a lot!  


So, what's been happening here, you ask?  Well, there's a pox on my house!  Despite being vaccinated, the boy has caught chicken pox.  It's not so bad, it's a mild case, he missed 2 days of school, and then went back.  Apparently, the school doesn't care if the kids with the pox show up at school.  


So, it's just chicken pox, no big deal, right? Well, not entirely.  Auntie has a terrible immune system, and Mommy?  Mommy's never had chicken pox.  Eek!  A couple days later, and we've determined that he's given the pox to Auntie, who's not feeling so hot, and so far, Mom's got a couple spots of unknown origin. It's probably nothing, but I've decided to be all dramatic about it. It's my prerogative.  Tee hee hee.  


Then there's the other possibility. A week or two ago, I had this strange, horribly itchy rash on my arms, and I thought it was an allergic reaction to something.  It occurs to me though that the spots looked a lot like the boy's do.  It's entirely possible that I actually gave him the chicken pox.  Oops. Sorry, kid.  


Anyway... that's what we've been doing here this week! I'm hoping for healthiness next week, since 2011 has not been a good year for the boy.  


Talk at ya soon!
Tara





No comments:

Post a Comment