Sunday, March 27, 2011

Keeping Myself Amused.

Good evening!


So, the boy is gone for at least part of spring break, and Mama has a need to stay amused. This is not easy, since apparently parenthood erases part of your memory.  For some reason, I can't remember what it is that I used to do for fun when I was alone pre-David. It's just gone. I'm pretty sure I did something, but I couldn't tell you what it was. 


Yesterday I managed to waste an entire day doing nothing, and that just didn't sit well with me. I decided that today would be different. But how?  Hmmm.  What a dilemma.


Well, as some of you may know, I've been writing a blog for my sock monkey. It started innocently, I took the monkey to the museum and started taking photos, which I shared on Facebook.  People seemed to really like him, and so, he started going to more and more places and taking photos.


Recently, a friend suggested that I send him off to various places, and have the people who receive him take photos and spread his adventures. I've decided to do it.  For his first trip, he's going to the East coast of Canada, and from there he's taking a trip to Mexico. Should be fun! I can't wait.


Since he's going to be gone for a while, I thought I would take him for a "picture walk" around town and see what we could see. That is how I chose to spend my afternoon. And what a good time we had! We walked through Memorial park, and to the Manitoba legislative grounds, past the Bears on Broadway (oddly enough no longer on Broadway, hehehe) and then to the Forks and through the Exchange district home. So much fun!



I hope you enjoyed the sampling of photos. If you want to see more, head over to his blog at www.frootloopsmonkey.tumblr.com  or 'like' him on Facebook! Froot Loops The Sock Monkey

Leave a comment below letting me know what you think!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment