Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Woohoo! A break!

Morning, all.

Sorry for the lapse in posts, but it's been a rough few days, and I've been rather sleep deprived.  When you're really tired, it's sometimes hard to get your thoughts out, and so anything I posted would likely have made little to no sense. I'm back now though, almost caught up, and ready to rock and or roll.

Let me just say that I love my child with all my heart and soul, but I am very happy that he is back to school today. He's been at home recovering for a week, and, while I love spending time with him, the last few days have been a little rough.

Recovery from his surgery went quite well, but he started with a low grade fever Friday night. This is quite normal after surgery, and I was able to get it down with some Tylenol. Fine. Of course, then he'd start feeling better and drive it right back up! Kids just need to move, I get it.

Saturday night he went to bed just fine, but he got really restless during the night, and didn't get much sleep. It spiralled rapidly downhill from there, and Sunday night, he decided he didn't need to sleep AT ALL, which, as parents know, means you don't sleep either.  

So it's been a few days of child who doesn't sleep, and then gets moody and disrespectful, and at times downright hurtful. Not fun. I know that it's just a temporary thing, and that it's because his routine is all messed up, but still. It doesn't make it easier. We've been together all week, and neither of us feels well, him due to surgery, and me because lack of sleep triggers my Meniere's. We both need a break. Yay school!


No comments:

Post a Comment